Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Light low fat Christmas cookies adapted from Shape Magazine.
- 16 red and white peppermint candies
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup baby chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 225 F degrees.
- Crush candies in a bag using a heavy pan.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt until soft peaks form.
- Reduce speed to low and add 1 Tbs. of sugar at a time.
- Increase speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Blend in candies and chips.
- Drop 32 well rounded tablespoons onto a aluminum foil lined baking sheet or sheets.
- Bake 1 hour on the oven's top rack then move to bottom and bake 1 more hour.