Recipe by *Z*
This recipe comes from a Pillsbury holiday baking cookbook. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks good.
Top Review by Diva no1
I have made this several times and always received rave reviews. I purchased pepermint candy cane sprinkles from a baking supply store and use these on top, and they look beautiful! They also freeze very well.
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 2.46 ml peppermint extract
- 1 egg
- 354.88 ml flour
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar
- 44.37 ml butter, softened
- 0.13-0.19 ml red food coloring
- 29.58-44.37 ml milk
- 118.29 ml hard peppermint candy, crushed, about 18 candies
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR TARTS:.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease bottoms only of 32 mini muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and 1/2 cup butter until fluffy.
- Beat in peppermint extract and egg until blended.
- On low speed, beat in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Press each ball in bottom up the sides of muffin cups.
- Bake 9-12 minutes until set and edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute, remove from muffin cups to cooling racks.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- FOR FILLING:.
- In small bowl, beat powdered sugar, 3 Tbsp butter, food coloring, and milk on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the crushed candies.
- Spoon or pipe 1 rounded tsp of filling into each tart shell.
- Sprinkle with remaining crushed candies.