Top Review by Chef Jenn
I was looking for a "chocolate/peppermint" cookie to add to my Christmas tray. Instead I got a cookie that overwhelmingly tastes of honey, I switched from a peppermint topping to Reeses peanutbutter pieces, cuz what goes better with honey than peanutbutter. By the way it makes about24-30 cookies. I may try to fiddle with this using sugar instead of honey and adding more chocolate, since you couldn't taste the chocolate at all.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup peppermint stick candy, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and honey until fluffy.
- Add melted chocolate. Mix well.
- Blend in egg and milk.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Chill dough at least 30 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Press each cookie with bottom of glass coated with flour to flatten.
- Sprinkle each cookie with crushed peppermint stick candy.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 8 to 10 minutes until done. Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet. Cool on rack.
- Microwave: Follow recipe directions.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper or microwave baking sheet. Cook on HIGH: 6 cookies - cook for 1 minute, 15 seconds.
- 12 cookies - cook for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes.
- Cool cookies slightly before removing.