Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I came up with this recipe just to find a way to use up all of those leftover candy canes from the holidays. Once these are baked, some of the candy canes will melt and leave a small harden syrup pool around some of your cookies. So these aren't exactly the most best looking cookies, but they are tasty and different. Enjoy!
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and both of the extracts.
- Mix all dry ingredients and add slowly to butter cream mixture until incorporated.
- Fold in crushed candy canes.
- Roll into teaspoons size small balls (or any shape you desire).
- Bake at 375°F for 7- 10 minutes.
- Should be light in color with light browning on the edges.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Note: Some of the cookies will have a small pool of harden candy around the cookie. Carefully peel that off with the cookie and enjoy.