Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Pepperidge Farms cookies are so expensive. I find making my own are better and I enjoy them so much more. Tell your friends you made them and impress their socks off!
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 (12 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sift all dry ingredients.
- While the mixer runs on low, add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until blended.
- Fold in the chips and nuts.
- Form into balls and place 1-inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Pepperidge Farms Sausalito Cookies are my husband's favorite, but they are so expensive! I made this recipe as well with 1/2 butter, 1/2 butter flavored crisco, since I didn't have enough butter on hand. These turned out great! Very close to Pepperdige Farms recipe. I took some into work, and they were devoured! These are now in my keeper file.
Definitely yummy! I used 1/2 butter and half butter flavored crisco. I also added more eggs (2) because of the consistency. Thank you for posting this and thank you for being such a blessing to us all on Zaar!