Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
My aunt showed me this way to make zucchini that is easy, and family will eat.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 1 -2 small zucchini
- 1 -2 small summer squash
- 1 small onion
- 1 -2 bell pepper
- Mix olive oil, water, vinegar, garlic (if using) and Seasoning in gallon sized zip-lock bag.
- Cut vegetables into bite sized pieces and add to bag.
- shake to coat all vegetables then let sit for 1/2 hour.
- pan fry or grill over med-high heat until crispy-tender.
This was awesome! I skipped the water and squash, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. So delicious & easy to make. Very fast too. I threw some Shake 'N Bake chicken in the oven then started on this recipe & everything was ready to eat at the same time. 5 stars from both myself & my boyfriend!
I had some bell pepper slices I needed to use up so I tried this recipe. I bought a small zucchini to go with it and skipped the onion and squash. I grilled the pieces on my big George Foreman grill. It came out good and I think I liked it even better as leftovers for lunch the next day. It was a little labor intensive as a weeknight sidedish, but it would be no sweat next time if I had the marinade already made and the veggies already cut up. Like your kids, I'm not usually fond of zucchini but this treatment definitely perked them up!