Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Saw this on one of the Bobby Flay Shows and it looked so very good, I posted it.
- 1 (1 lb) beef tenderloin
- canola oil
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground fresh black pepper
- 4 large plain croissants, halved and toasted
- 8 slices aged cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1⁄2 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained (white)
- HORSERADISH MAYONNAISE:.
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Season, to taste, with salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
- PREPARE MEAT AND SANDWICH FIXINGS:.
- Heat grill to high.
- Rub meat with oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Grill on both sides until slightly charred and cooked to medium-rare doneness, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from the grill and let rest 5 minutes.
- Slice into 1/4" thick slices.
- Lay toasted croissant halves on a flat surface and top each half with a slice of cheddar.
- Divide the steak among the four slices and combine halves, making 4 sandwiches.
- Wrap each sandwich in foil, place on the grill and grill for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from the grill and foil, lift 1 slice of the bread from each sandwich, and spread with a few tablespoons of Horseradish Mayonnaise.
- Top with a few sprigs of watercress and serve.