Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from the Sonoma diet cookbook.
Make and share this Pepper-Lime Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast halves (with bone)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime peel, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 teaspoon minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Skin chicken if desired.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place chicken, bone side up, on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 - 5 inches from the heat about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For glaze, in a bowl stir together lime peel, lime juice, oil, garlic, thyme, pepper, and salt.
- Brush chicken generously with glaze on both sides.
- Broil 5 to 15 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F).