Recipe by Twiggyann
This is a tweaked version of the muffin recipe in the KitchenAid booklet. These are very tasty and neither too spicy nor cheesy.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix buttermilk, butter, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, parsley, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- Add to bowl with buttermilk mixture. Stir together until just moistened. Do not overbeat.
- Fill greased muffin pan 2/3 full and bake at 400 F for 15 to 20 minutes.