Cook1 hr 15 mins
From Martha Stewart. Suggested for Valentine's Day.
Make and share this Pepper-Crusted Filet Mignon recipe from Food.com.
- Season filets very generously on both sides with salt and pepper (especially pepper), patting in firmly.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high. Cook filets until desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side (depending on thickness) for medium-rare.
- Remove strings from filets, and serve with Red Wine Sauce, if desired.
- Red Wine Sauce
- Makes 1/3 cup
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut up
- Coarse salt
- Place 1 cup red wine in a small saucepan; boil until reduced to 1/4 cup, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add 2 tablespoons cold cut-up butter, and swirl pan until butter is melted and sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Season with coarse salt; serve with Pepper-Crusted Filet Mignon.