Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Found this in the GLOW magazine
- 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup raw spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, coarsely chopped (canned ones work best)
- 4 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped (if using dried herbs, reduce to 2 tsp)
- 4 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped (if using dried herbs, reduce to 2 tsp)
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped (if using dried herbs, reduce to 2 tsp)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil.
- Boil penne according to directions and set aside.
- Heat oven to 375°F Cut top 1/2 inch off the garlic bulb and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Gently pour water in the dish until it is about 3 centimetres deep.
- Cover with foil and roast in the oven for 35 minutes or until garlic is soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, then squeeze the garlic out of the cloves.
- In a deep pan, heat oil on medium high heat and add tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms, spinach, artichokes and herbs.
- Cook until tender.
- Add white wine and continue to saute for 3 minutes to burn off any alcohol.
- Add the pasta and toss.
- Season to taste.
Did not have penne so used rigatoni,otherwise no change. Sorry, we did not like this at all...so gave it to the feral cats,,they ate it.sure sounded good.perhaps, some one else will do better.