- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 lb penne
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the mushrooms and saute gently for about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tarragon, salt and pepper, cream and lemon zest. Stir over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and cook gently for 3 minutes, until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and stir into the sauce. Serve immediately.