Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found in August 2007 Bon Appetit
- 2 lbs zucchini, trimmed, halved lengthwise
- extra virgin olive oil (for brushing)
- salt, coarse kosher
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, fresh, thinly sliced
- 2 pinches red peppers, dried, crushed
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb ziti pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled ricotta salata (salted dry ricotta cheese, about 3 ounces)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Arrange zucchini on rimmed baking sheet; brush all over with oil. Sprinkle with coarse salt and black pepper.
- Grill zucchini until tender, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to work surface; cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Place in a large serving bowl. Add vinegar, mint, and crushed red pepper; set aside.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain.
- Add pasta to zucchini mixture, then add 3 tablespoons olive oil and ricotta salata and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.