Recipe by Daphney
Super easy and great flavor. The recipe comes from "Quick From Scratch Pasta Cookbook," Food & Wine Books, American Express Publishing.
Top Review by sugarpea
Oh mommy, this was good and quite a special treat as we don't ususally eat that much butter. This was incredibly delicious and did the season's first green beans proud. I can, next time, grind cashews into cashew butter (without using any actual butter) at the grocery store. I know it can also be purchased jarred just as peanut butter is. Twenty-seven stars.
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup roasted cashews
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/3 pounds in all)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (use less if cashews are salted)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch lengths
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cashews and butter in a food processor.
- Pulse to a smooth paste.
- Or finely chop the cashews and combine them with the butter.
- In a medium non-stick frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
- Season the chicken breasts with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook until browned and just done.
- Time will depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into small pieces.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the penne until just done, about 13 minutes.
- Add the beans during the last five minutes of cooking.
- Drain the pasta and beans and toss with the cashew butter, chicken and the remaining salt and pepper.