Recipe by bert
One of my favourite quick meals.
Top Review by TinTN
Made this for dinner last night. It was very good. Made one change and will make another when I make this again. Added a little dried oregano and sweet basil this time. Gave the chicken a nice flavor. Next time I'll add more chicken as there wasn't quite enough. All and all a great, easy weeknight meal. Family really enjoyed it and I'll definitely make it again. Thanks!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 2 inch chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, pureed or chopped
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 lb penne (or other tubular pasta)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large, deep skillet.
- Add chicken breast pieces; cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook stirring 1 minute longer.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer gently 10 minutes.
- Add cream, salt& pepper and heat thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted water.
- Drain well and toss with sauce.
- Add cheese and parsley as desired.