Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my favourite quick meals.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 2 inch chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, pureed or chopped
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 lb penne (or other tubular pasta)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in large, deep skillet.
- Add chicken breast pieces; cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook stirring 1 minute longer.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer gently 10 minutes.
- Add cream, salt& pepper and heat thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted water.
- Drain well and toss with sauce.
- Add cheese and parsley as desired.
Made this for dinner last night. It was very good. Made one change and will make another when I make this again. Added a little dried oregano and sweet basil this time. Gave the chicken a nice flavor. Next time I'll add more chicken as there wasn't quite enough. All and all a great, easy weeknight meal. Family really enjoyed it and I'll definitely make it again. Thanks!
Wonderful, easy meal to prepare. I used 2 lbs of chicken. The sauce was kind of bland, so I added oregano, basil and additional garlic, and that did the trick. Thanx for a great family-pleasing recipe. We'll eat this again.