Recipe by AmandaInOz
I've been making this for years. It's quick and easy to throw together, and it's low in saturated fat. Great with a salad and some garlic bread.
Top Review by Lynne the Pirate Queen
Very nice flavor, and easy to make, and so very filling! I really liked this; my roomie sampled it and loved it! This is a good change of pace from other pasta dishes, and the flavors work better than you might expect... just be sure to use fully ripe mangos for the best falvor (mine were a little lacking in flavor, but they were all I had). Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer tomatoes, onion and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add beans and oil. Cook for one additional minute.
- Place pasta in a serving bowl, and spoon bean sauce over the top.
- Add mango, basil and salt & pepper to taste.
- Toss and serve.