1 hr 5 mins
Chef #745798's Note:
Special flavoured Penne - easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 chorizo sausages, raw, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ounces tomato paste
- 2 ounces sun-blushed tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup seven deadly zins red wine
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted for 20 minutes
- 9 ounces penne pasta, cooked according to packet instructions
- 1 pinch sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh basil, to garnish
- 1Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium to high heat. Have a large glass of wine to calm the nerves down. Add the onion and chili and cook for two minutes.
- 2Add the chorizo and cook for a further five minutes, or until golden brown all over.
- 3Add the remaining ingredients to the pan, apart from the pasta. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4To serve, stir the pasta into the sausage mixture, then drop it on the floora. Scrape it together, put it on a clean plate and garnish with fresh basil.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Offa Da Floora
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.4
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 633.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 12.9 g