Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Special flavoured Penne - easy to make.
Make and share this Penne Offa Da Floora recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 chorizo sausages, raw, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ounces tomato paste
- 2 ounces sun-blushed tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup seven deadly zins red wine
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted for 20 minutes
- 9 ounces penne pasta, cooked according to packet instructions
- 1 pinch sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh basil, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium to high heat. Have a large glass of wine to calm the nerves down. Add the onion and chili and cook for two minutes.
- Add the chorizo and cook for a further five minutes, or until golden brown all over.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan, apart from the pasta. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, stir the pasta into the sausage mixture, then drop it on the floora. Scrape it together, put it on a clean plate and garnish with fresh basil.
great recipe,i was looking for a chorizo dish ( thats all i had defrosted) when i saw the scrape it off the floora. i was hooked. missed the wine part but plan on trying that next time.
This is a personal favourite of mine. My good friend Daljit introduced it to me. You just can't beat eating pasta Offa Da Floora.