This is delicious and great for dinner party...I prep the bacon ahead and cook this while friends watch excited to eat and loved that they saw me putting it together- they always leave with the recipe. Got this from my sister in law and never new it would taste so good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked as directed
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and cut up
- 4 tablespoons bacon drippings, reserved
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley
- 3/4 cup fresh shredded parmesan-romano cheese mix
- 1Fry bacon in deep fry pan.
- 2Drain off all but 4 tablespoons drippings.
- 3Keep bacon in pan and add garlic and stir 30 seconds.
- 4Stir in wine and scrape up any browned bits on pan.
- 5Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, red pepper.
- 6Simmer 10 minutes to thicken.
- 7Meanwhile, cook pasta as box directs.
- 8Drain off all but 1/2 cup pasta water for reserve.
- 9Put pasta in serving bowl and pour sauce.
- 10Can add some reserve water if seems dry a teaspoon at a time.
- 11Mix in shredded cheese.
- 12Sprinkle with parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 13Serve immediately.
- 14I have served with italian links, a chef salad, fresh bread and wine of course!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Noodles With Tomatoes, Cheese and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 841.0
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Sodium 858.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 21.9 g