Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This pasta dish is great with porcini mushrooms but they might be a little bit pricey so just regular crimini or portobello mushrooms will do fine. Also romano or parmesan cheese is an awesome addition for the dish.
- 1 eggplant
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 3 cups dry penne
- salt, pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Slice the eggplant and place on a plate covered with paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and leave aside for 1 hour. It will help to get rid of the bitter taste that eggplant sometimes might have.
- After 1 hour clean the eggplant under cold running water and pat dry.
- Chop the eggplant and mushrooms into cubes.
- In a skillet melt the oil with 1 Tbsp butter. Add onion and saute until soft. Add garlic, rosemary, eggplant and mushrooms and leave simmering for 5 minutes stirring from time to time.
- Pour wine and wait until absorbed. Pour stock and leave simmering for roughly 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to a package instructions.
- Add some hot water from the pasta to a cream and mix until combined. Pour over the sauce, stir and simmer few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve with some parmesan or romano cheese sprinkled on a top.
This dish was pretty good. I would probably give it a 3.5 but I'm not a vegetarian. The next time I make it I think I'm going to use parsley and lemon instead of rosemary, and maybe throw in some zuchinni...I think I'm just not a huge rosemary fan. Overall though the dish was pretty easy to make and was good.