Recipe by Be Nutritious
This pasta dish is great with porcini mushrooms but they might be a little bit pricey so just regular crimini or portobello mushrooms will do fine. Also romano or parmesan cheese is an awesome addition for the dish.
Top Review by hilarydwilson
This dish was pretty good. I would probably give it a 3.5 but I'm not a vegetarian. The next time I make it I think I'm going to use parsley and lemon instead of rosemary, and maybe throw in some zuchinni...I think I'm just not a huge rosemary fan. Overall though the dish was pretty easy to make and was good.
- 1 eggplant
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 3 cups dry penne
- salt, pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the eggplant and place on a plate covered with paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and leave aside for 1 hour. It will help to get rid of the bitter taste that eggplant sometimes might have.
- After 1 hour clean the eggplant under cold running water and pat dry.
- Chop the eggplant and mushrooms into cubes.
- In a skillet melt the oil with 1 Tbsp butter. Add onion and saute until soft. Add garlic, rosemary, eggplant and mushrooms and leave simmering for 5 minutes stirring from time to time.
- Pour wine and wait until absorbed. Pour stock and leave simmering for roughly 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to a package instructions.
- Add some hot water from the pasta to a cream and mix until combined. Pour over the sauce, stir and simmer few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve with some parmesan or romano cheese sprinkled on a top.