Recipe by Lady D.
This is from an issue of Food & Wine magazine. I always love pasta dishes. It's a *very* large recipe, so if you want, you can halve it or whatever.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 lbs penne
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons thyme (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 1⁄2 cups Fontina cheese (shredded)
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a large, rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower with EVO and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 40 minutes, until tender and browned.
- In large skillet, in 2 batches, crisp bacon 4 minutes per side.
- Drain and coarsely chop.
- Butter 2 large shallow baking dishes.
- In large pot of boiling water, cook penne until al dente; drain.
- Return penne to pot.
- Stir in cauliflower, tomatoes, cream, garlic, thyme, red pepper, 2 c Fontina, and Parmesan.
- Season with S&P.
- Move to baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with remaining Fontina and 2 T Parmesan.
- Bake 15 min.