Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Homemade paste to go with Penang Curry.
Make and share this Penang Curry Paste recipe from Food.com.
- 6 dried red chili peppers, , cut and seeds removed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon grass
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon fresh galangal
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- Soak the chilis in cold water for 5 minutes.
- In a dry skillet over low heat roast the fennel, coriander and mace.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and whirl to a smooth paste, adding a few drops of water at a time to get desired consistency.