Recipe by John J. O'Sullivan?
I saw this on "Pantry Raid" this morning. It looks like a nice simple way to reuse some of that rotisserie chicken left over from the night previous. The result looks elegant...the prep looks ridiculously easy.
- 2 cups chopped dark chicken meat
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts (optional for those with peanut allergies)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 bunch scallion
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the white part of scallions, then slice the green part into long, thin slices along the bias; place the green strips in ice water so they curl up.
- Combine chopped chicken with whites of scallions; add soy sauce, ginger and hoisin sauce and mix well.
- Wash cucumber and peel off stripes of skin; slice into rounds and spoon chicken mixture on top.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts and scallion curls.