This is a wonderful, simple recipe my mom came up with a few years ago. Kids and adults all seem to love this. It's great for informal get togethers. The real peanut butter is the key. You can use this along with hot fudge over vanilla ice cream for a real treat! I will have to post my Gram's malt shop hot fudge recipe to go along with it.
My Private Note
- 1Microwave peanut butter with enough sugar to taste for about 30 seconds. (Remember the ice cream will be sweet so the topping doesn't need to be as sweet. If you love sweet, go for it.).
- 2Stir well and keep microwaving and stirring every 20 to 40 seconds until completely hot and pour able.
- 3Taste to see if you like the peanut butter to sugar ratio and adjust accordingly.
- 4Pour over ice cream scoops.
- 5I don't really know if 1 cup of peanut butter will make four sundaes because I don't know how much ice cream you put in yours.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peggy's Hot Peanut Butter Topping for Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.2
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 296.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 16.1 g