Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a wonderful, simple recipe my mom came up with a few years ago. Kids and adults all seem to love this. It's great for informal get togethers. The real peanut butter is the key. You can use this along with hot fudge over vanilla ice cream for a real treat! I will have to post my Gram's malt shop hot fudge recipe to go along with it.
- Microwave peanut butter with enough sugar to taste for about 30 seconds. (Remember the ice cream will be sweet so the topping doesn't need to be as sweet. If you love sweet, go for it.).
- Stir well and keep microwaving and stirring every 20 to 40 seconds until completely hot and pour able.
- Taste to see if you like the peanut butter to sugar ratio and adjust accordingly.
- Pour over ice cream scoops.
- I don't really know if 1 cup of peanut butter will make four sundaes because I don't know how much ice cream you put in yours.
This was a really good way to perk up some vanilla ice cream. I used about 1 tablespoon of PB and a teaspoon of brown sugar. The brown sugar was a little crunchy still, but I kind of liked the texture it added. I topped with dry roasted peanuts. Thanks for posting.
I loved this on top of a hot fudge & peanut butter sundae... don't forget the peanuts. Yummm
So simple, so good. We all liked it with chocolate sauce on top. My husband thinks it would be wonderful with chocolate ice cream. I topped it with salty peanuts. Mmm-mm good. Thanks for sharing your Mom's creation.