Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Reminiscent of the outstanding pecan waffles from The Camellia Grill, New Orleans.
Make and share this Pecan Waffles With Bourbon-Peach Preserves recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups peach preserves
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted in a dry skillet until fragrant
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal, preferably stoneground
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- To make the preserves: add the peach preserves and bourbon to a small saucepan; warm over medium heat; set aside.
- To make the waffles: chop ¾ cup pecans in a food processor until they are uniformly fine.
- Add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt; continue processing until the mixture forms a fine meal.
- Transfer to a bowl; whisk in the egg yolk one at a time, followed by the milk and melted butter.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff but still glossy.
- Heat a greased waffle iron; fold in egg whites into the batter.
- Cook the waffles one at a time, following the directions from the waffle iron manufacturer; they should be crisp and brown when done.
- Serve the waffles individually as they are ready or hold them briefly in a warm oven until all are finished.
- Sprinkle each with a portion of the remaining pecans and accompany them with softened butter and warm Bourbon-Peach Preserves.