Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Reminiscent of the outstanding pecan waffles from The Camellia Grill, New Orleans.
Make and share this Pecan Waffles With Bourbon-Peach Preserves recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups peach preserves
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted in a dry skillet until fragrant
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal, preferably stoneground
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- To make the preserves: add the peach preserves and bourbon to a small saucepan; warm over medium heat; set aside.
- To make the waffles: chop ¾ cup pecans in a food processor until they are uniformly fine.
- Add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt; continue processing until the mixture forms a fine meal.
- Transfer to a bowl; whisk in the egg yolk one at a time, followed by the milk and melted butter.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff but still glossy.
- Heat a greased waffle iron; fold in egg whites into the batter.
- Cook the waffles one at a time, following the directions from the waffle iron manufacturer; they should be crisp and brown when done.
- Serve the waffles individually as they are ready or hold them briefly in a warm oven until all are finished.
- Sprinkle each with a portion of the remaining pecans and accompany them with softened butter and warm Bourbon-Peach Preserves.