1/2 Photos of Pecan Rounds - Cookies
These unique cookies use pecan paste, which you make by pureeing toasted pecans, as the base. Much less flour than regular cookies, and only one egg! They make fabulous gifts when stacked 4-5 high and tied with ribbon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To toast pecan pieces: Spread nuts in single layer in shallow baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown; watch carefully and stir once or twice. Cool.
- 2Place nuts in food processor; cover. Process by pulsing with on/off action until paste forms (will appear grainy).
- 3Add butter, sugars, baking soda and baking powder; process just until combined.
- 4Add egg and vanilla; process just until combined.
- 5Add flour. Process by pulsing with on/off action just until combined.
- 6Transfer to large bowl. Cover; refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour until firm.
- 7Heat oven to 375 Degrees F.
- 8Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in additional granulated sugar to coat. If you choose to use a cookie scooper, you must then hand-roll each ball for best, optimal results. It's worth the extra step; I've tried both ways!
- 9Place, 2 inches apart, on ungreased or Silpat-lined cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of glass, dipping in sugar to prevent sticking.
- 10Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle additional granulated sugar over warm cookies for extra sparkle. Cool for 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Rounds - Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.2
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 32.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g