Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you love Pecan Pie you will love these muffins! I make these muffins at least once every two weeks! I take them to work and to Church. Everyone loves them...you will too!
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, make a well in center of mixture.
- Beat eggs until foamy.
- Stir together eggs and butter; add to dry ingredients stirring until moistened.
- Place foil-baking cups in muffin pans.
- Spoon batter into cups to 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pans immediately, cool on wire racks.
- Best served warm.
Easy and yummy, I was aprehensive about the lack of chemical leveners, but was pleased with the results. Nice crust and a slightly chewy texture make these special. I toasted the nuts before grinding and used dark brown sugar. Next time I''ll try light brown sugar as I thought the molassas flavor was a bit too strong with the dark brown. -- update. Tried the light brown sugar. Taste was a bit more rounded with less molassas. Also baked another batch in mini muffin tins without any foil liners -- 400 degrees f, 15 mins. The nice crust is now all around and no more messy liners to unwrap
These were excellent! I coarsely ground the pecans with the brown sugar before starting up the batter, and the muffins were light and delicious!
I made this recipe this morning for my husband and he loved it! I asked him if he could tell me if the muffins reminded him of anything he had had before and he immediately said "Pecan Pie"! He has always loved pecan pie, and these muffins are excellent! This recipe is definitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing! :)