Recipe by Boyz 5
This is absolutely to-die-for!!! Once you try this delicious cake, you will want to make it again and again!!
Top Review by cj2 Johnson
I tried this and it was so good!!!! I substituted regular pancake syrup for the KARO as I do in all recipes that call for KARO and my family and coworkers went nuts. I will definately make this again and again. Super simple and no fail. GREAT RECIPE. I could eat the whole pan by myself. It is better the next day after it sets and all of the flavors mix and mingle.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cake mix, 1 egg, and melted butter together; set aside 2/3 cup of this batter.
- Spread the rest into a greased and floured 9 by 13-inch baking pan and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Mix reserved 2/3 cup batter with syrup, 3 eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and pecans.
- Pour this filling on top of crust and cook for 50 to 60 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit or until set.