Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Old-fashioned pecan pie. One of my favourites.
- 1 sour cream pie crust, rolled out to fit 9 inch pie dish (in my recipes)
- 473.18 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 88.74 ml milk
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml butter, melted and cooled
- 354.88 ml pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prick pie shell with fork.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Decrease oven temperature to 330 degrees F.
- Combine sugar and flour in large bowl.
- Stir in milk and beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in vinegar and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in butter.
- Fold in pecans.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake until puffed and brown, 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature before serving.
Very good pecan pie -- very similar to the one my aunt used to make every year when I was younger -- so it brought back memories of past Thanksgiving meals. The only change I'll make next time is to cut back a bit on the brown sugar or replace part of the brown sugar with white sugar. Thanks for sharing!