Recipe by Justa Cook
The kids and I like to "make up" recipes. So using a basic cupcake recipe from my 25th edition 'FIVE ROSES A Guide to Good Cooking' Cookbook we came up with this gem. They taste like pecan pie but are a light and fluffy cupcake.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (or Butter)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4-1 cup milk
- 2 cups pecan halves (remove 24 to top cupcakes, chop the rest)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix FLOUR, BAKING POWDER, SALT (set aside).
- In a large bowl whisk together (or use mixer)MARGARINE or BUTTER.
- and BROWN SUGAR. Whisk in 3 EGGS, RUM EXTRACT, VANILLA. whisk all until fluffy and creamy.
- Sift in 1/4 of flour mix at a time, and whisk batter together adding a splash of milk after each addition. Should be cake batter consistency.
- Mix in chopped PECANS.
- Fill 24 paper cups in cupcake trays with batter. Tap trays on counter to settle batter. Set a PECAN half on top.
- Place on center rack in preheated (350 degree) oven. Bake 20 minutes or until top springs back when lightly pressed with fingertips.
- Remove from pans and cool on rack.