Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Pecan Crusted Tilapia With Seasoned Cheese Grits recipe from Food.com.
Pecan Crusted Tilapia
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Seasoned Cheese Grits
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup shredded italian-blend cheese
- 1 teaspoon cooked bacon piece
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- Chop pecans (like coarse bread crumbs); combine with bread crumbs in shallow bowl. Place flour in second bowl. Whisk milk and egg together in third bowl.
- Sprinkle both sides of fish with seasoned salt. Dip fish in flour (coating both sides) then dip into egg mixture (allowing excess to drip off). Finally, dip into pecan mixture.
- Preheat large saute pan on medium 1-2 minutes.
- Place oil in pan, then add fish; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve over Seasoned Cheese Grits.
- Seasoned Cheese Grits: Combine grits and water in microwave-safe bowl and cover; microwave on HIGH 6 minutes or until grits begin to thicken.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; cover and let stand 1 minute.