Pecan-Crusted Chicken Tenders over Salad
- Heat 1 ½ to 2 inches oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
- Set out 3 shallow dishes; place flour in one; eggs beaten with milk in a second; in the third dish, combine the bread crumbs, ground pecans, nutmeg, and orange zest.
- In batches, coat tenders in flour, then egg, then bread crumb/pecan mixture.
- Fry tenders in small batches, 6-7 minutes, and drain them on paper towels.
- For dressing: combine maple syrup, barbecue sauce, and orange juice; whisk in oil and set aside while cooking chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, radishes, and scallions; toss with ¾ of the dressing; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with pecan-crusted chicken tenders and drizzle remaining dressing over the top.