Recipe by breezermom
Cheesecake in a Cookie! Yum! From the Ocean County Girl Scout Council. Prep time does not include chilling time. Cook time is per cookie sheet.
Top Review by alligirl
I agree with Annacia; these cookies definitely deserve a LOOK! They were wonderful! My recipe made 25, I think, but that was gracious plenty for us. I think chilling the dough before scooping would be a bit helpful, but they worked great, as written. I used strawberry jam and cherry preserves...YUM! Thanks again, for these great cookies, breezermom!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- apricot jam or cherry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and cream cheese. Add the egg yolk, lemon rind, and vanilla, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Combine the flour sugar, and salt; add to the creamed mixture, beating well. Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Beat the egg white until foamy. Dip each ball of dough into the egg white; roll in the chopped pecans.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. (I use parchment paper for easy clean up). Press your thumb into each ball of dough, leaving an indention.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and fill each cookie with jam. Let cool completely.