From Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 (6 ounce) catfish fillets
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cut into pieces
- 1Combine the milk and hot sauce in a shallow dish; add catfish.
- 2Cover and chill for 8 hours; turn occasionally.
- 3Remove catfish from milk mixture; whisk egg into milk mixture until well blended.
- 4In another shallow dish, combine 3/4 cup flour and next 3 ingredients; dredge catfish in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- 5Dip catfish in egg mixture; coat with pecans.
- 6Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a dutch oven; heat to 360°.
- 7Fry catfish 3 minutes on each side or until it flakes with a fork.
- 8Drain fish fillets on a paper towel-lined plate.
- 9In a saucepan, bring wine, whipping cream, and lemon juice to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 10Whisk in 1 tablespoon flour and garlic powder; simmer, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- 11Remove pan from heat and whisk in butter.
- 12Place fillets on individual plates and serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Catfish With Lemon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 830.5
- Calories from Fat 518
- Total Fat 57.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 214.4 mg
- Sodium 1418.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 40.0 g