1/1 Photo of Pecan-Caramel Biscotti
1 hr 5 mins
Biscotti is sturdy enough to take to a picnic, but elegant enough to serve at a buffet. This yummy version has the rich taste of caramel. Adapted from the King Arthur flour people.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups pecan meal (or grind up pecans to a fine meal)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, soft
- 2 large eggs (use 1 whole egg and 1 yolk for the dough and save the remaining white for the glaze)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup caramel-flavored bits (or butterscotch chips)
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, pecan meal, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- 3Add the butter and mix until evenly crumbly. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and water. Add the chips and stir just until they're evenly distributed.
- 4Lightly flour a clean work surface. Divide the dough into three portions. Working with one piece at a time, roll the dough into a log about 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Repeat with the remaining dough. Place the logs on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet and flatten slightly, leaving 2 inches between them.
- 5Lightly beat the egg white with 2 teaspoons of water. Brush this glaze over the tops of the logs.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes, until they're lightly browned. Remove from the oven, and allow them to cool for 5 minutes. Slice them into 3/4-inch thick slices on the diagonal, place them cut-side down on the baking sheet, and return them back to the oven to bake for 10-15 more minutes, until they're crisp and lightly browned.
- 7Allow to cool, then dip an end in melted chocolate, if desired.
- 8Yield: about 5 dozen.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan-Caramel Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (608 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.4
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 121.2 mg
- Sodium 316.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: