Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
THis is from Canadian Living : Great for potlucks, or just to have on hand. They are rich so a few goes a long way. I cut these up & freeze some for later. Leave on counter to de frost.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup pecans
- Line 9-inch (2.5 L) square metal cake pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Base: In large bowl, mix flour with brown sugar.
- With pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is moist and crumbly.
- Press firmly over prepared pan.
- Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pecans and press lightly; bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, beat butter, sugar and corn syrup until smooth; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and salt; pour over base.
- Bake until darkened and slightly jiggly when shaken, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool on rack. (Make-ahead: Wrap and store in airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 weeks.)
- Cut into bars.
Ingredients that are listed twice need to show whether the specific amount is for crust or topping. What a guessing game and the recipe failed. Very disappointing and waste of ingredients.