When my kids were little that's what they called this. When the week was long and the money short, this made a little meat go a long way. I served this with garlic bread. This looks like it takes a long time to make, but it's really easy. I had to guess on the times, so if you try this please let me know how long it takes and i'll adjust it.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups small shell pasta (or chef's choice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups of plain pasta sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, on medium heat brown ground beef in large skillet.
- Add onions, peppers, celery, Italian seasoning and garlic powder, stirring until vegetables are tender.
- Drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in pasta sauce; add pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle cheese over top; cover with lid and let cheese melt.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes then serve and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game and what an easy and tasty dish! I followed the instructions except for using fresh garlic instead of the powder. With a good pasta sauce it made for a wonderful dish. Served with Parmesan Zucchini Spears #122893 and a green salad. Thank you for submitting the recipe.