Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
THis is from Canadian Living : Great for potlucks, or just to have on hand. They are rich so a few goes a long way. I cut these up & freeze some for later. Leave on counter to de frost.
Top Review by debonline
Ingredients that are listed twice need to show whether the specific amount is for crust or topping. What a guessing game and the recipe failed. Very disappointing and waste of ingredients.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 9-inch (2.5 L) square metal cake pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Base: In large bowl, mix flour with brown sugar.
- With pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is moist and crumbly.
- Press firmly over prepared pan.
- Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pecans and press lightly; bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, beat butter, sugar and corn syrup until smooth; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and salt; pour over base.
- Bake until darkened and slightly jiggly when shaken, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool on rack. (Make-ahead: Wrap and store in airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 weeks.)
- Cut into bars.