Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 lb saga blue cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- In a preheated 350 degree oven toast 1/2 cup pecans, about 7 minutes, and cool.
- Finely chop toasted pecans
- In a bowl with a fork cream butter and Saga until smooth.
- Separate egg. Add egg yolk, stirring until combined well.
- Add flour and chopped pecans and stir until mixture just forms a dough.
- Halve dough and on separate sheets of waxed paper form each half into a 12 by 1 1/4-inch log, using waxed paper as a guide. Freeze logs, wrapped in waxed paper, just until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Cut logs crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices and arrange slices about 1/2-inch apart on baking sheets.
- Top each cracker with a remaining pecan half, pressing lightly into dough .
- Brush tops of crackers, including pecans, with lightly beaten egg white. Bake crackers in batches, if necessary, in upper and lower thirds of oven, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until golden brown, about 12 minutes total.
- With a spatula transfer crackers to paper towels to blot and transfer to a rack to cool.