Blue Cheese Pecan Refrigerator Crackers
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 375°F Place pecans on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool. Transfer pecans to the bowl of a food processor; pulse until finely ground. Transfer ground pecans into a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine flour and pecans in the bowl of a food processor; pulse briefly to combine. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cheese; process until dough comes together and is well combined.
- Transfer dough to a work surface. Shape dough into a 2-inch-wide log. Wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 325°F Slice chilled log into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Transfer slices to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake immediately, rotating once, until crackers are golden brown and firm in the center, 25 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Crackers may be made a day ahead and kept in an airtight container at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I like animals and have cats. I enjoy pedometer walking and cooking<img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/Zaar%20Food%20Photos/Food%20Photos%202008/herbspicesticker.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket>. <br> <br><img src=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/stacky5.jpg> <br> <br><img src=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/KBparticipation.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> <br> <br><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/CookathonforKarensticker.jpg>