Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is similar to Italian pesto or Argentinean chimichurri, and a staple on Chilean tables. It pairs will Pastel de Chocio, with grilled meats and is good stir fried into pasta or rice.
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves (1 bunch)
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves (1 bunch)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or crushed red pepper)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine first 9 ingredients(parsley through garlic) in a food processor; pulse until minced, scraping the sides occasionally.
- Place herb mixture in a bowl, cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Stir in the oil before serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.