Recipe by MarieRynr
Frozen peas become a delicious side dish in just 15 minutes, and you don't even have to thaw them!
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Delicious pea enhanced recipe! A great side dish that hides the spinach until it is dished out. I used fresh baby spinach which worked really well. Made for the Diabetic Forum's Pool Party tag.
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook shallots and garlic in oil and butter in a nonstick 12 inch skillet, over moderate heat, stirring, until soft, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in peas and water and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until peas are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, salt and pepper and cook, tossing, until spinach is just wilted, about 1 minute.