Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This is a very nice dessert for a small brunch or luncheon. Chilling time is cooking time.
- 2 -3 ripe fresh Anjou pears
- 1 sara lee poundcake
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup crushed peanut brittle
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, peel and slice pears.
- Line 8" square baking dish with slices of cake.
- Spread with layer of raspberry jam.
- Whip cream stiff and add brandy and sugar to taste.
- Spread a layer of whipped cream over jam.
- Top with sliced pears.
- Cover whole with remaining whipped cream and sprinkle crushed peanut brittle over all.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.