Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The carmel sauce makes these pears great. If you want the best use Flaky Pie Crust instead of the store bought pie crust. Add a little vanilla ice cream and you have consummated the perfect partnership of flavors.
- 30 ounces pie crusts (2 15 oz ready made pie crusts)
- 5 pears
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 ounces caramel ice cream topping
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup Cointreau liqueur or 1⁄4 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Wash and dry pears.
- Roll out pie dough and cut dough into one inch strips.
- Wrap pears with a 1/4 inch overlap starting from bottom.
- Mix egg yolk and water and brush on wrapped pears.
- Place on cook sheet and cook for one hour at 350 degree.
- Carmel Sauce.
- In a double boiler on low heat combine carmel, condensed milk, lemon juice, and liquor until smooth.
- Best if the pears are fresh out of the oven. Add warm carmel sauce and enjoy with a little vanilla ice cream.