Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe comes from Hamilton Beach. I can't wait to try it. The number of servings is a complete estimate, but it looks like it makes an awful lot.
- 4 (28 ounce) cans pear halves in natural juice, drained
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup Amaretto
- vanilla bean (one 2-inch piece)
- Combine all ingredients in the crock pot. Stir carefully to avoid breaking up the fruit.
- Cover and cook on preferred setting: Low for 3 hours or High for 1.5 hours.
We've made this at Christmas a few years ago... We used fresh pinapple and pears instead of canned, which is so much better, in my opinion. We pour it over vanilla bean ice cream. So fantastic!
A friend recently gave me pears from their tree and I made this recipe. Not only was this recipe easy (even with working with fresh ingredients) but the results were fantastic. Someone who sampled the pears said that they could eat this for breakfast, lunch and dinner.... That's 5 stars in my book! Thank you Kree for sharing!
Made for Zaar Tag. This does make A LOT! I only used 3 cans of the pears because I was afraid it would be way to much. I also could not find any vanilla beans, so I used 1 tbsp of Watkins double-strength vanilla. This was pretty good, but like I said it makes a lot!