Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This one came from TOH. It looked like a delicious way to use the pears I found in the back of the cabinet. It says "serve warm" so I'm thinking that it will become a rich comfort food to serve with ice cream.
Top Review by TnuSami
Oh, my!! This was sooooo delicious!! The combination of warm, rich pears with the cold, creamy ice cream was perfect! I did use regular ice cream. The kids and I loved it and I'm looking forward to having more tomorrow!! We made this in honor of Amy's birthday.
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (29 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice
- splenda-sweetened sugar-free vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Drain pears, reserving 1/2 cup juice (you can discard the remaining juice). Add the pears and reserved juice to the saucepan.
- Cook 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm over ice cream.