Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the Magnolia Bakery
Make and share this Pear Streusel Breakfast Buns recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped peeled pears
- Grease and lightly flour 12 large muffin cups.
- To make the topping: in a mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the brown sugar mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add in the walnuts; using your hands, toss until the ingredients are well combined; set aside.
- To make the buns: in a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, cream the butter, using an electric mixer, until smooth.
- Add in the sugar gradually and beat about 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in the dry ingredients in two parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla, beating after each addition until well incorporated.
- Stir in the pears.
- Spoon batter into the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over the top of the buns, being sure to keep the crumbs within the muffin cups (or the buns will be difficult to remove from the pan).
- Bake in a 350° oven for 20-25 minutes or until pick comes out clean.