Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mom would put this little salad together at least once a week. It's a very simple recipe, that's big on flavor. This is one of those recipes that have no measurements; you just make it by the salad bowl.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) canpear halves in juice not in syrup
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, more if needed
- 1⁄4 grated American cheese
- maraschino cherry
- Place some lettuce in each salad bowl, on top of lettuce place 1 to 2 pear halves.
- Place a dollop of mayonnaise on pears, sprinkle with cheese, and top with a cherry.
A very simple quick salad! I made one small change in that I used dried cranberries instead of maraschino cherries. Thanks for the post.