Recipe by Amanda G.
This is a wonderful, light dessert or side dish. Almost like pudding but with a nice tang. Always the first to go at potlucks!
Top Review by CarrolJ
This is one of those simple and easy dessert/salads that simply gives you a delightful surprise! This tastes elegant! The flavor is so nice that it tastes as if it were made with fresh perfectly ripe pears instead of canned. When you spoon it into your mouth it is so delightful you just want more and more. Light and fabulous!!! Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (32 ounce) can pears
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄2 pint whipped cream
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the pears and reserve liquid.
- Add enough water to the reserved liquid to make 1 1/2 cups and heat almost to boiling.
- Add jello to the hot juice and stir to dissolve.
- Add pears, cream cheese, salt and whipped cream to hot jello mixture.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender.
- Pour into a dish and chill several hours until set.