Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious and healthy pie from Cooking Light magazine - it was a big hit at Thanksgiving!
Make and share this Pear-Cranberry Pie With Oatmeal Streusel recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups cubed peeled Anjou pears (1/2 inch, 2 large)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep-dish pastry shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare streusel, combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- To prepare filling, combine pear, cranberries, 2/3 cup brown sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl; toss well to combine. Spoon pear mixture into pastry shell; sprinkle streusel over pear mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until bubbly and streusel is browned. Cool at least 1 hour on a wire rack.
This was a big hit in my family. My brother deemed it "the best pie ever!"
Very tasty dessert. Loved the tart flavor of the cranberries with the sweetness of the pears and brown sugar ~ makes your mouth pucker and smile at the same time. Due to a wheat allergy I did make this without a pie crust so it was similar to a crisp. Thanks for posting this Michelle. made for Think Pink Tag October 2010.
This sounded so delicious so I made it for our Thanksgiving feast today. Wow! I presented it along with homemade Pumpkin pie & homemade (homegrown) Peach Pie and the Pear-Cranberry was the biggest hit! Everyone loved it hands down!