Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a magazine. I cut it out long ago but haven't made it yet.
- 3⁄4 lb spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 pear, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 ounces goat cheese, about 3/4 cup crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Place spinach in a salad bowl.
- Toss pear slices with lemon juice and add to bowl.
- Place remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Toss vinaigrette with salad.
Delicious salad! I especially loved the dressing. I added the poppy seeds after blending the dressing. I used 2 different types of pears (1 bosc and 1 green pear). I served over the spinach as well as some other greens. Definitely a keeper. Thanx!
This just didn't work for me. My dressing was so thick that it wouldn't blend in the blender, so I added a little milk and tasted it and it was too bland. . .so I added some tarragon and a little vinegar. . .and then it didn't taste like goat cheese so I added more cheese. I never got the flavors right for us. I also added red grapes which complemented the pears. I am glad I tried it!